Pages

Blog of Blessings

Tuesday 19 November 2013

One of my besties just wrote a blog of things that she is grateful for. I read, loved it and then.... pondered.
Here it is, the middle of the month, and I haven't listed any blessings to the social media world.
I know, I know.
I'm a horrible twenty-something-year-old.

Good news, I'm here to change that.
Rather than have a daily gratitude post (as is popular amongst my Facebook comrads), I have decided to have one gigantic post.

And so, friends....Read 'em and weep (weep from joy and gratitude, of course). Things that I am grateful for:

My wonderful family.



My rockin friends.






The apartment that I live in.
After seeing the world, I realize that I have SO much to be grateful for! I am so fortunate for the place in which I live.

Higher education. That's right, I said it: I'm grateful for school. (Even at this time in the semester.)

My faith. It is absolutely everything to me. It gives me purpose and brings me such joy. (To learn more about what I believe, visit this website)

My freedoms.

The mountains/outdoors. Being in nature is unlike anything else-- It is Heaven to me.



My job. I am so grateful to have a job- especially one that is so flexible with school. And I am grateful for the unique opportunities that it brings.




My health. I know that everyone has their issues, but I am so grateful for the things that my body is able to do. I feel truly blessed. I know that many are not quite as fortunate.



Indoor plants. (Bringing the outside inside-- What could be better than that?)

Family history. That's right- I love family history.
(What's that? You want to make our own family history? Hehe...)


My Chacos. They are only my favorite footwear.
I would wear them everyday, everyday if I could.


The fact that we have clean water to drink. HUGE blessing!
(Another thing that I never thought about before leaving this country.)

Books-- and that I can read.
Reading a book is like going on a vacation, for FREE! (And I suppose there is also some learning involved.)


Chia Pets. I mean, it's pottery that grows!



Garden gnomes and the magical qualities they possess. (Okay, okay---I'm obviously getting a little tired....)



And, above all, I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.
The season of thanks is a perfect preparation for the Christmas. Because of Christ we have everything. Everything! I love Him and know He lives.





Happy Thanksgiving season, everyone!

1 comment