Pages

Change Isn't the Only Constant

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Something that's been on my mind today...

Exactly three years ago, I went to the USU/BYU football game with some of my dearest friends. (After having slept in a very small tent on a very, very cold campus to get tickets.) That whole 24-hour experience has got be one of my favorite college memories. It was SO much fun.







I guess I've just been pondering how much can happen in three years. Life sure takes some funny turns, doesn't it? I mean, for one thing, when I was at that game, I would never guess that I'd one day work on BYU campus. But I do. And I love it.

Ya know what hasn't changed? My love for these wonderful people. They are still my friends and great examples of what kind of person I'd like to become. I really believe that people are placed in our lives for a reason, and I am SO grateful that they are in mine!

A few weeks ago, some of us hit our old stomping grounds for the USU Homecoming game. (Which was a blast, naturally.) Guess what- Some things on campus had changed. Some things in Logan had changed. And, okay, I will be the first to admit that change can be difficult. But it was still a magical experience.





Sometimes I think I get so caught up or worried by the idea of change. I want everything to stay happy and comfortable forever... However, I'm beginning to understand that isn't necessarily an option.

The moral is the story is that life doesn't always go the way that we plan, BUT the Lord places people in our life to help and support and love us. I am so grateful for the special people in my life.

Post a Comment