Pages

Get Well, Marisa

Friday 3 January 2014

Today's post is dedicated to my dear friend, Marisa. 
She has been under the weather, so I thought I would put together a little something to entertain her. 
Beware of video overload, ya'll.

To begin, Here are three of my favorite dances from SYTYCD.
For those of you that may not speak in acronyms, I am referring to So You Think You Can Dance.
Now, I need to make a little disclaimer.
All of these videos are from Season 2. There is a reason for this.
This was the season that I watched the most. 
Also, I believe that Marisa and I were roommates at this time. And this is, afterall, a post for her.

A little ramalama for ya

A little love

... and a little runway.


Next, I was thinking that I would include of my favorite movie scenes.
I first wanted to focus on the story of Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blithe. 
My aim was the find the best scene- The kiss.
"I don't want marble halls.... I just want you." You know that whole bit that I'm talking about?
Well, I couldn't find it on Youtube. BUT.... look at what I did find!
Seriously... What is this? And how 'bout that music. 
I'm dying, I tell you. It was too funny not to post.

Next... Pride and Prejudice. 
The length of the film is all justified by this one scene. 
Besides... Collin Firth. Just saying.

WARNING: If you have not seen North & South, you may not want to watch the following clip. 
It's a bit of a spoiler. 
Okay, un-WARNING.
This is a very long movie... but I watch it just for this scene.
It all builds up to this one moment. 
And... I would submit that this is one of the best movie kisses ever. 
Just in case you were wondering.

I know I have posted this like twice before....
But Emma is like my fave flick. 
Enjoy.

Umm... Okay. As I was searching Youtube for these videos, I can across this (see below):
HILARIOUS.
It takes the love scenes from "Period Pieces" and puts them all in one happy place.
Corny, cheesy... and really funny. Especially when you don't know what the film clip is from.
Two things that I really loved:
1. The slide in the beginning ("MERRY me")
2. The last movie clip. I'm curious to know their definition of a "Period Piece"


Next, I will include some really great songs. 

Can I get a "boom, boom, boom"?

Okay, okay. 
This one really is good.
It combines two of my loves: MJ and The Civil Wars.
I hope you like.

This is a CLASSIC.
MTV. Purple gloves. Blonde guy with eyebrows.... You wouldn't want to miss this one.

Confession: I sometimes like to watch these old music videos. 
Well, actually, I always like to. 
But sometimes I go on a little music video vacation, clicking from one link to another. 
Try it sometime. It won't disappoint.
Did anyone see the sign in the beginning?
Ogden City Mall?

I need to thank Kylie for bringing this song back into my life.
We ALL need to thank her. Because now it will be a part of your life. I promise.
Purple. Am I right? Can I get a "boom, boom, boom"?

And, finally, here is an old video of me singing.
Marisa was the camera woman for this... so it's fitting, you see.
If you don't understand the words, don't worry. 
Unless you worked with me at the "The Book" it wouldn't make sense anyway.

And... Here I am with my peeps/former mateys/roommates.
We like beards and sing about them at our ward talent show. 


Well... Have you been entertained?
Weirdest post ever? Maybe. Very possibly.
Longest post ever? You betcha.

Dear Marisa, 
I hope that you get feeling better soon. 
(And that you start wearing purple for me now.)

1 comment

  1. Oh.
    My.
    Stars.

    I have so much to say to you right now.
    1. That was THE weirdest Anne of Green Gables tribute movie I have ever seen (confession: I've watched a few.) What WAS that song?
    2. This was supposed to be 1, but I was overcome by the weird song. You picked some good dances, my friend. Good dances. Also...that was my fave season...that's all.
    3. Possibly I watched that North and South video a few times tonight.
    4. You should have put a warning above that Boom Boom Boom video. The last time I watched that I could't get it out of my head for weeks, WEEKS, I say!
    5. I think we're alone now? How old is she? 12? Also is that Utah's Ogden? Also. Seriously. 12? Also she was a scary singer.
    6. I did not know there was a music video for Start Wearing Purple. Genius, I say.
    7. I love the Civil Wars.
    8. Your song was the best. You should send it to Sheri Dew. I think she'd like it. DEW!

    ReplyDelete