Pages

Library Picks of Late

Saturday 28 December 2013

Last week I treated myself. I visited my local library.
I love the library!

I checked out the following things:
The Young Victoria DVD
A great movie about Queen Victoria. One of my faves.


Sarah's Key DVD
(I read this book over the summer- I am so excited to watch this movie!)
A historical fiction about a Jewish girl during WWII.
This was a good book... but really sad. Be warned.
(And... just from experience, I might advise against listening to this while running a half marathon. Like I said, it's sad.)

Jane Eyre
I tried reading this this summer while I was in the South Pacific... But by the time I got to this book, I was EXHAUSTED.
I literally fell asleep in the bath tub while reading this. And on the airplane. And anywhere else I read it. I re-read the first two pages about twelve times.
So...Here's to a second attempt. (Perhaps an audio recording will be more successful.)


Northanger Abbey
One of the only Jane Austen books I have not read.
I am excited to experience more of Miss Austen's brilliance.

Anne of Avonlea
I've read this before, but anything with Anne Shirley is well worth repeating.
Besides, I love Gilbert Blithe.
Oh, Gil....

And finally, The Hiding Place.
Good Heavens. Have you read this? Have you? HAVE YOU?
You should. You REALLY should. 
It could very possible change your life.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! SO good!


What does all of this mean?
What can be concluded by the assortment of items borrowed from the library?
I love history. And classics that have stood the test of time.
(And BOOOOOOOOKS! Books, books, books.)


What are would your top picks be?
And what books would you recommend?

1 comment

  1. Dude. Let me know how you like Northanger Abbey. It's one of my faves. Maybe because it's so far from her other style. I think you'll like it. :)

    ReplyDelete